Act Out a Short Scene
Spanish Language Learners – Inspired by Carmen Sandiego™ Episode 1, kids work in groups to write, act in, and film a short scene.
Lights, Camera, Action!
Kids collaborate to create an original scene inspired by Parts 1 and 2 of “Becoming Carmen Sandiego,” assign production tasks, film the completed script, and edit the video for presentation.
Kids work in groups to create, act, and film a short scene.
- Have kids form groups of five.
- Have kids assign roles: actors, director, prop person, camera person, etc. All kids will collaborate on the writing of the script.
- Give kids time to work on their scripts in class. If possible, review their scripts before filming.
- Kids film their scene and edit it.
- Once the scenes are complete, schedule a film premiere day. Consider sharing the films during an Open House or as part of National World Language Month (March).
Write a Biography of Carmen
Spanish Language Learners– Inspired by Carmen Sandiego™ Episode 1, kids write a brief biography of Carmen.
Guess the Character
Spanish Language Learners – Inspired by Carmen Sandiego™ Episode 1, kids describe Carmen’s professors and classmates in Spanish.
Write a Diary Entry as Carmen
Spanish Language Learners – Inspired by Carmen Sandiego™ Episode 1, kids write a diary entry as if they were Carmen.