Spanish Language – Inspired by Carmen Sandiego Episode 5, kids learn more about Andalusia, a region in Seville, Spain.
Learn More About Seville
In Episode 6, Carmen and her crew watch the opera, “Carmen,” which takes place in Seville, Spain. Kids learn more about this city and its region, Andalusia. They compile a list of interesting facts and share them with their peers.
Carmen, the opera featured in the episode, is set in Seville, Spain. Have kids conduct research to learn more about Seville and its region, Andalusia. Possible topics to research: food, the people, history, music and dance, natural beauty, or well-known places. Possible cities in Andalusia to research: Almería, Jerez, Cádiz, Córdoba, Granada, Huelva, Jaén, Málaga, or Sevilla.
- Have kids select a place or a topic to research.
- Encourage kids to use Spanish-language sources and to take notes while researching.
- Using their research, have kids create a “Top Ten List” about their topic or city to share with a small group.
- Place kids in groups and have group members share their top ten lists with the group.
- Have groups choose the most interesting facts to report to the class.