Guide: Who in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?
This guide offers discussion questions for the novel, Who in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?, found in Books & More.
Discuss Carmen Sandiego’s Origin Story
Kids read about Carmen’s time as a VILE academy student in the novel, Who in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? As a group, discuss the different characters and events in the story and think about Carmen’s choices.
2. Does Carmen seem like a real student or a prisoner at VILE Academy? Why?
3. Why does Carmen hope that Coach Brunt is the one who found her? Why do you think Coach Brunt won’t tell her?
4. Why does Carmen want to leave the island so much? Do you think she has good reasons?
5. Carmen takes a big risk stealing the phone to talk to Player. Why do you think she does this? Would you?
6. How do you think Carmen feels when she finds out the true mission of VILE Academy?
7. Would you enjoy going to a school like VILE Academy? Why or why not?
8. Which VILE class would you enjoy most and why?
9. If you could be any of Carmen’s classmates, who would you be and why?
10. What countries or places do you think Carmen should visit next?
11. If you have watched the show, did you see any differences between the book and the show?
12. What did you like best about the book? What did you like best about the show?