Write a Biography of Carmen
Spanish Language – Inspired by Carmen Sandiego Episode 1, kids write a brief biography of Carmen and practice peer editing.
Practice Your Writing Skills
Kids practice their writing, researching, and collaboration skills as they create a short biography of the globetrotting hero.
Kids write a brief biography of Carmen based on the information they learned in Parts 1 and 2
of “Becoming Carmen Sandiego.”
- Have your kids include the following: birthplace, where she was raised, favorite activities,
teachers, what she learned, and what she was like as a child. Support novice-level kids
by providing a graphic organizer to help them categorize the information. Then lead a whole-
class brainstorming session to elicit the vocabulary students will need to complete this task.
- Have kids proof their work for grammar, spelling, and conventions.
- Have kids exchange papers and peer edit.
- Have kids make any necessary changes and add images to illustrate their paragraph.
- Kids publish to a class website or post around the room.