Learn About Ecuador
French Language Learners– Inspired by Carmen Sandiego™ Episode 4, kids answer questions about Ecuador that pertain to the episode they just watched.
In Episode 4, Carmen goes to Equador. Kids learn more about geography and brainstorm answers to questions in French.
Kids answer questions about Ecuador.
Estimated time: 15-20 minutes
Materials needed: One notebook per group and a dictionary
- Ask the class the following questions. Display them on the board or have kids write down the questions for reference during this activity.
- Sur quel continent est le pays l’Équateur? (L’Amérique du Sud)
- Pourquoi ce pays s’appelle-t-il l’Équateur? (Il est situé sur l’équateur.)
- Quel sont les deux exportations principales de ce pays? (les bananes et le thon)
- Quelles montagnes se trouvent en Équateur? (les Andes)
- Qu’est-ce que c’est, Quito? (C’est la capitale de l’Équateur.)
- Quelle est l’altitude de Quito? (9350 pieds)
- Organize kids in groups of three or four and have them prepare their answers in French. They may have access to a print or online English/French dictionary.
- After 15 minutes, ask each question again and have each group take turns answering.
Discuss Carmen's Adventure
French Language Learners– Inspired by Carmen Sandiego Episode 4, kids compose and answer questions about the episode using their French-speaking skills.
French Language Learners– Inspired by Carmen Sandiego Episode 4, kids summarize the key moments from the episode using their French-speaking skills.